Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cherry clafoutis

Melted butter, to grease
1 x 400g can pitted whole cherries, drained
40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
185ml (3/4 cup) milk
2 eggs
Pure icing sugar, to dust
Whipped cream, to serve (optional)


Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) pie dish with butter to grease. Spoon over the cherries.
Combine the almond meal and sugar in a bowl. Whisk together the milk and eggs in jug. Gradually add the milk mixture to the almond mixture, stirring until combined.
Pour the batter over the cherries in the dish. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until just set. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream, if desired.

I have seen another recipe for this, with goats cheese in it - so I will try to make that soon.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

Hi, I just stumbled into your blog when I searched gluten free cooking...my daughter was recently diagnosed with an allergy to gluten and I'm on a mission to learn as much about it as possible.

Not to mention find some edible gluten free meals! Thanks for the link...and nice to meet you!