Monday, August 20, 2007

Tofu fritters with sweet chilli sauce

Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes



Ingredients; vegetable oil, for deep-frying
 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
 1 large (180g) carrot, sliced thinly
 1 Lebanese (130g) cucumber, sliced thinly
 2/3 cup (160ml) sweet chilli sauce

Tofu fritters
 250g firm tofu, chopped
 250g cooked rice (I used Basmati as that was what I had) 
1 egg
 2tsp ginger, 
1 1/2 teaspoons sambal oelek (bottled chopped chilli)
 2 cloves garlic, crushed
 2 green onions (green shallots), chopped 
½ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, 
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

For the tofu fritters, process the fritter ingredients until just combined.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok. Shape heaped tablespoons of the fritter mixture in ovals or rounds. Deep-fry them, in batches, in the hot oil until browned lightly. Drain on absorbent paper.

Serve the fritters immediately with whole lettuce leaves, carrot, cucumber and sweet chilli sauce.

1 comment:

adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is